Module 5: Municipal finance
Overview of this module:
- A definition of municipal finance, and why proper controls are essential for effective, accountable local government;
- The legal and regulatory framework for municipal government in South Africa, and how it fits into democracy and developmental goals;
- The funding and division of revenue for municipalities;
- The current state of municipal finances in South Africa;
- Advice for journalists reporting on municipal finances.
Why we at SANEF are doing this & where to find resources : Izak Minnaar
Reporting on municipal finances: Reg Rumney
Using the data dashboard to report on municipalities: Raymond Joseph
How to tell the municipal finance stories: Athandiwe Saba
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.