LEARN ABOUT THE MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
SANEF has prepared a series of training modules to assist journalists reporting on the municipal elections, including on:
ELECTION TRAINING WEBINARS
The webinars kick off in August and will run into September (and beyond, if necessary), and can be attended free of charge upon registration by journalists from mainstream and community media.
- How the elections work, editorial planning and election stories – watch it here and check out the training module.
- Telling local government stories with data – watch here and read more about doing stories with the local government data dashboard.
- Reporting on municipal finances – watch here and read more about what the training session covered here.
- The role of the media during elections – watch it here and check out the training module.
- Disinformation during elections – watch the webinar here, and have a look at this topic in the SANEF election manual.
- The safety of journalists on- and offline – watch here and have a look at this topic in the SANEF election manual.
- Telling stories with election data – webinar scheduled for 19 October, registration details to follow.